Friday, May 7, 2010

Perry's Hussars have arrived!

Got the package Wednesday.  As expected - it exceeded expectations!


Each box contains one command, four horse and four hussar sprues plus the ubiquitous green bases sprue, enough to make up 14 mounted men.  There is oodles of choice - with all the different heads available the hussars can be made up into anything from Revolutionary to Hundred Days - with very little conversion they could be made to represent hussars from other French allies or European armies.


Also very useful is the colour insert depicting all the French hussar regiments plus an allied one (Westphalian) providing an excellent painting guide.


There is the tiniest amount of flash around some bits like swords & pelisses but nothing too dramatic and easily trimmed off with the scalpel.  I couldn't resist seeing what they looked like for myself so I made up the officer figure.  Very nice.  I think I'll paint him up first, then attach the pelisse.


OK.  So a few French cav to paint up!  Totals now are close to seventy - 1 regt of carabinier to finish my heavies, two regts of dragoons to go with the guys sans chevaux and now two of hussars!  This will give me hours of painting pleasure once uni work is out of the way.

Hmmm, there's also that little 'commission' of FPW Chasseurs d'Afrique and Foreign Legion.  Perhaps more than a few hours...

But before all that the Indian Mutiny game Monday night (in the immortal words of Bullwinkle Moose: 'This time fer sure!') to which I will take the camera along and hopefully have something to post next week.  It'll be a nice break from the books at least.

Cheers,
          Doc

3 comments:

  1. The Hussars look great - I've got the a few boxes of the dragoons on order and will likely "need" to get some hussar's too. I really hope the Parry's come out with some French Artillery & limbers in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful figures alright. I doubt the Perry's will make a plastic artillery set, not French anyway as they have the lot incl caissons etc etc in their current metal range - would be nice if they did but the latest in production are ACW Zouaves. From the variants I'd say they'd be aiming to produce a generic set for ACW so you could get NY or Louisiana Zouaves etc. Check their site out: the three-ups pics look fantastic.

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! I'm waiting for the arrival of my box - supposed to be sent out on Monday from Maelstrom Games. Thinking of painting them up as 8th and 9th Hussars. Dean

    ReplyDelete